The centre has adopted the Ministry of Health (MOH) guidelines and will be following all advice issued by the Ministry of Education (MOE) / MOH / NZ Government.
Current MOE guidelines state that there is no need to close the centre as there are only a few cases of COVID-19 and none related to small children.
Prevent the Spread
- Do you feel unwell?
- Do you have any of these symptons:
- Breathing difficulties
- Have been overseas in the last 14 days?
- Are you close to someone diagnosed with COVID-19?
If YES PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE CENTRE.
Call 0800 358 5453 for free advice from a health professional.
Preventing the risk
At the centre the most important thing we can do to prevent infection is to practice good hygiene. This means:
- covering coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues
- disposing of used tissues appropriately in a bin
- coughing/sneezing into your elbow – we will be demonstrating this technique to our kids and encouraging them to use it
- washing hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water and drying them thoroughly:
- before eating or handling food
- after using the toilet
- after coughing, sneezing, blowing nose or wiping children’s noses
- after touching public surfaces
- using hand sanitiser between hand washing
- disinfecting surfaces
At the centre we have checked out civil defense kit and first aide kits are well stocked and up-to-date.
We have stocked up on disinfectant, hand sanitiser and paper towels and ensuring that the centre is well ventilated.